When you purchase centrifuges, we suggest followings factors for consideration.
1. Application Fields
2. Centrifugal Force
This is the primary factor that determines separation efficiency of centrifuges.
D: Basket diameter (m)
n: Rotation speed (r/min)
g: Gravitational acceleration
3. Corrosion Resistance
Generally, treated materials are all corrosive. Therefore, contacting parts of centrifuge are supposed to meet highest levels of corrosion resistance to ensure operation safety. Moreover, customers should inform manufacturer about chemical and physical properties of treated materials and applied washing liquid, etc. Accordingly, manufacturer will supply proper sealing components and filter cloth.
Structural Material: 304, 321, 316L, titanium plate and dual-phase steel, etc.
Surface Treatment: PE lining, rubber lining, HALAR coating, etc.
As for flammable and explosive applications, centrifuge should offer explosion-proof function, thus leading to following requirements.
Electronic Control System: Explosion-proof isolation plate, non-contact dynamic braking system, static grounding and explosion-proof automatic control;
Mechanical System: Explosion-proof motor, explosion-proof light, anti-collision device and anti-static driving belt;
Explosion-proof Accessories: Nitrogen protection system and on-site explosion-proof control button.
Therefore, specific information on material, explosion-proof requirements and degrees should be clarified so as to make our industrial centrifuge more competent.
5. Operation Safety
The following factors may lead to potential risks during centrifuge selection, installation, operation and maintenance.
1. Improper model choice
2. Improper applications, such as normal centrifuge is applied to flammable and explosion environments, or centrifuge without corrosion protection measures is used to handle corrosive materials.
3. Illegal operation, such as abnormal braking, overload running, over-speed running, etc.
4. Delayed troubleshooting or delayed replacement of out-of-service centrifuge
5. Any installation, operation and maintenance that not in tune with Operation Manual, or parts modification, speed increasing or supportive devices change by user own will
Therefore, customers should develop regulations to minimize potential risks in selection, installation, use and maintenance, thus ensuring operation safety.
6. Installation Requirements
Before installation, special attention should be pain on following factors.
1. Sufficient space should be remained between centrifuge and other equipment nearby. Passage around the centrifuge should be no less than 1m wide and 2m wide space is needed above the centrifuge for easy maintenance and replacement. Sufficient maintenance space is also needed for installation of electronic control cabinet, hydraulic system and pneumatic system.
2. Electronic control cabinet and pneumatic control cabinet are supposed to be deployed in dry, ventilated and non-corrosive places that nearby main motor. Isolated installation is optional.
3. On-site control buttons should be placed next to main motor for ease of operation.
4. Pipes connected to centrifuge, such as feeding pipe, liquid outlet pipe, washing pipe, emission pipe, CIP pipe, nitrogen pipe, compressed air pipe and wire pipe, must be of flexible coupling. Reliable sealing or insulated device should be available at the connecting places. Grounding device is responsible for electricity safety.
Feeding pipe and liquid outlet pipe are designed to be as short as possible to avoid jam. Hydraulic pipe is also short to bypass pressure loss.
5. The diameter of external discharge pipe should not be smaller than that of centrifuge discharge pipe, and the external pipe should be free from bending or jam. Moreover, external pipe should be deployed lower than centrifuge discharge pipe with certain height difference to ensure smooth liquid discharge.
6. Feeding pressure should be remained no less than 0.2bar. Air supply pressure (for feed driving and valve washing) should be kept no less than 4-5bar. Oil-water separator should be provided and receive regular check. More frequent check should be delivered in circumstance of larger humidity, to prevent moisture from entering into cylinder and control valve.
Oil mist generator in air distribution device is supposed to receive frequent lubrication, so as to reduce abrasion and minimize working resistance.
7. The electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, liquid and solid pipelines should be properly connected and installed by professional electricians and mechanics in accordance with electronic control schematic diagram and system configuration diagram.
7. Filter Cloth Selection
Filter cloth selection is primarily determined by corrosion resistance requirements of treated chemical materials.
The number (model) of the pores on the filter cloth is selected on the basis of granule diameter and distribution status. Generally, pore number is slightly larger than granule diameter. At the beginning of filtration, there will be a limited amount of small-sized granules flowing through filter cloth, which will be eliminated by formation of cake. As a result, customers benefit from enhanced filtration efficiency.